I have been away for a while, thank you for showing your concern and asking why there are no new posts from Bhaili. Feedback and encouragement from you all have brought me back here. 🙂
These awesome pistachio and cranberry muffins are perfect for festival time. If you are looking options of healthy bakes this festive season do try egg-less malpua muffins with orange rabdi. Instant gulab-jamuns and Instant moong daal halwa are good option if you want make something traditional in no time.
This is a super easy recipe to make healthy egg-less muffins bursting with natural flavors. Combination of pistachio and cranberry blend very well. When you take a bite of these muffins taste of pistachio is so evident even though no artificial essence is used. My husband said it tastes better than any pistachio barfi. 🙂
The best part about this bake is that its totally guilt free. Its made with whole-wheat and honey, additionally no baking soda is used. It’s totally a guilt free indulgence. If you prefer healthy guilt-free healthy baking try Egg-less Ragi cardamom cookies, millet flour and sesame seed cake, egg-less ragi flour orange cake.
Here is the list of ingredients.
- Whole wheat flour: 60 g
- Cornflour: 20 g
- Pistachio powder: 30 g
- Butter: 50 g
- Honey: 60 g
- Baking Powder: ¼ tsp
- Vinegar: 1/8 tsp
- Milk: ¼ cup
- Dry cranberry: 2 tbsp.
- Pistachio flakes for garnishing
- Roast pistachio on low heat for a minute. On cooling grind these to make fine powder. Roasting nuts prior to baking enhances their flavor.
- Sieve flours, pistachio powder, baking powder for 5 times.
I know you must be thinking five times! Trust me extra sieving does make the difference. Sieving incorporates airs and makes these whole-wheat muffins rise well.
- Beat butter and honey for a minute.
- Add flour, vinegar, milk and fold them together to form a smooth batter.
- Line the molds and pour in the batter. Sprinkle chopped cranberry and tap molds gently to release any trapped air. Bake in a preheated oven @ 160 degree centigrade for 20 minutes or until skewer comes clean.
- Quantity mentioned above makes six muffins.
Do visit and like Bhaili’s Facebook page to get regular updates. You can also find me on Pinterest. You may also subscribe to this blog by entering your email-id in EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION section (top of the right-hand column for desktop-readers and bottom of screen for mobile-readers).