With the arrival of monsoon request for garlic chutney starts in family. There is some connection made in heaven between rain and spicy food combinations. I can hear murmurs about garlic chutney on dining table. So before request became demand I made this spicy garlic chutney. 🙂
Whole dry red chili and tomato gives this chutney bright and appealing color. Tomato also gives a slight tangy taste too. This chutney can last in refrigerator for more than a month and taste good with almost everything. Be it flavorsome moong dal tikki or multigrain parathas.
I would also like to add that garlic has antibiotic properties and it discards toxins from our body. It also boosts our immunity and provided a shield of protection from common cold that’s so common in rainy season. There so many other health benefits of garlic but I’m coming back to my recipe now.
This is Rajasthani style garlic chutney and is different from momos garlic chutney. This version is cooked, making it suitable to last for longer time. So here is the process and list of ingredients of this easy to make garlic chutney.
Garlic: 2 whole bulbs
Whole dry red chilies: 5-6
Red tomatoes of medium size: 3
Oil: 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds (jeera): 1tsp
Coriander powder: 1tbsp
Turmeric: 1 tsp
- Soak the dry chilies in little water for 30 minutes. This will make them soft and easy to grind in paste.
- Peel the garlic this is the time consuming task. What I do is roast the garlic on iron girdle for 5 minutes on medium flame. This makes skin peeling task quick and much easier.
- Chop tomatoes in big pieces. Drain water and take only red chilies. Bring together garlic, tomatoes and red chilies. Blend them in mixer and make smooth paste from it.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and tamper the cumin seeds in it. Now transfer the paste into skillet and add turmeric, coriander powder and salt into it.
It‘s very important to mention here that you don’t have to add water in this chutney. If you feel its little dry add little oil in it.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes stirring in between. You will notice paste leaving oil signaling the chutney is ready and it’s time to take it off flame.
So here is lip smacking garlic chutney ready for you.
Do visit and like Bhaili’s Facebook page to get regular updates. You can also find me on Pinterest. You may also subscribe to this blog by entering your email-id in EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION section (top of the right-hand column for desktop-readers and bottom of screen for mobile-readers).