Making egg-less muffins using banana is quite easy. Banana gives a super moist texture and makes it healthy too. Keeping kids in mind, I try to keep it as healthy as possible. That’s why I use whole-wheat flour and milk which make these muffins a quick healthy breakfast or evening snacks option.
These egg-less muffins stay good for 2 days at room temperature, so it’s a good lunch-box snack as well. If you are looking for healthy tiffin ideas then you can also check these nutritious egg-less banana and oats pancakes which are super yummy and easy to make.
Cottage cheese and its whey protein is very nutritious and should be included in our daily diets. You can easily make cottage cheese at home by following these three steps to make cottage cheese.
Coming back to this egg-less whole wheat muffins recipe, here is the list of ingredients that I use. Proportion mentioned will make 13-14 muffins.
- Ripe bananas: 2
- Clarified butter (ghee): 2/3 cup
- Honey: ¾ cup
- Milk: 1 cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Chopped walnuts: 2 tbsp
- Whole wheat flour: 1 cup + 1/3 cup
- Baking soda: ½ tsp
- Baking powder: ½ tsp
- Cocoa powder: 2 tbsp
- Bring together all dry ingredients and sieve them 3 times.
- Line the muffin molds and keep them ready.
- Mash banana in a bowl with the help of fork and make puree of it.
- At this stage you can keep oven for preheating at 180 degree centigrade.
- In another bowl take honey, clarified butter and vanilla extract. Now, beat for 2 minutes with the help of electric beater. Adding vanilla essence while beating fat (butter or ghee) helps in even distribution of flavor in bakes.
- Now add dry ingredients in this bowl and fold slowly. You will get a thick paste. Add warm milk – make sure milk is warm (neither hot nor cold).
- Beat just enough to form a smooth batter while mixing dry and wet ingredients. Be careful not to over beat.
- Add half of the walnut in batter and fold it twice.
- Pour the batter in muffin molds and sprinkle remaining walnuts on top of muffins to give muffins a nice nutty look.
- Keep muffins in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. With this same batter you can also make egg-less banana walnut cake. Just pour this batter in a cake tin and then bake it. Things can be pretty simple and versatile. 🙂
- After 25 minutes check by inserting toothpick in the center. If it’s sticky bake for another 5-7 minutes.
This goes without saying that each oven behaves differently and you have to understand your oven language as much as possible. So keep an eye while baking is in progress.
These muffins were looking gorgeous but you know kids are not so easy to please. You have to make food more appealing to titillate their interest in food.
So, by arranging three chocolate chips on a slice of banana I made a face on muffins and sprinkled little amount of icing sugar to add drama. My daughter was pretty amused by seeing these small additions. Her interest perked up and she instantly wanted to have these healthy muffins.
Seeing your child smile while having food you cooked gives an immense amount of satisfaction. I know all moms would relate to this awesome feeling.
Egg-less banana oats pancake makes a easy and healthy lunchbox recipe.
Do visit and like Bhaili’s Facebook page to get regular updates. You can also find me on Pinterest. You may also subscribe to this blog by entering your email-id in EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION section (top of the right-hand column for desktop-readers and bottom of screen for mobile-readers).