We homemakers are usually struggling in time-management, and always look for simple yet tasty recipes that get ready in no time.
For example, I have tried following different recipes of pizza sauce but most of them were time-taking. However, these days I follow a recipe which is easy to make, time-saving and tastes delicious.
I love pizza but instead of eating out, I enjoy easy-to-make healthy whole wheat home-made pizza. Additionally, to make my favorite pizza healthier I use low calorie home-made cottage cheese instead of regular high calorie cheese.
If you are a pizza-buff you will agree with me that taste of pizza lies in its sauce. To be honest, earlier I used to follow the classic pizza sauce recipe but one day I was in hurry and made some time-saving variations and surprisingly the sauce tasted the same.
Therefore,if you are looking for a perfect Italian pizza sauce, but have just few minutes to spend in making it, my friend you are at the right place. I’ll tell you how. 🙂
So, gather the simple ingredients and you will be surprised by its simplicity.
- Tomatoes: 5 large
- Onion: 1 medium size
- Garlic: 2 tbsp
- Capsicum: ½ medium size
- Bay leaf: 1
- Pepper-cons: 1 tsp
- Oregano: 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup/sauce: 1/4 cup
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Roughly chop tomatoes, onion, garlic and de-seeded capsicum in pieces and make puree in blender.
- Heat olive oil on medium flame and add bay leaf, pepper-cons and wait for few seconds.
- Add the tomato puree and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, tomato ketchup and mix well. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Water will mostly evaporate by now and sauce will become thick. Remove the sauce from flame and add oregano, and mix properly.
- Remove and discard bay leaves and pepper-cons.
- Pizza sauce is ready to use.